Our Sponsor of the month is The Dinghy Shop

Recent Blogs Posts

1. What's new in the KFA

Just some things that are going on that are new, or may be new to our newer members

-We are participating in the American Littoral Society Fish Tagging Program again in 2017. Nearly anything can be tagged except pelagics, and a few southern species. The only costs involved are the tags(5 dollars) and a few minutes of your fishing time. If you want to try it out, please contact me.

-We are still looking for members to participate in the NYS DEC Striped Bass Cooperative ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 2016 Wrap up

Many great things happened this year , hope you were an active member and took part in many of the clubs OTW meetings.
    Fun and fish were had by all .
    The new OTWM Tournament was a big success due to the members who stepped to help create it .
    Fishing "is" our club. It's what we are meant to do .
    Take pride in who we are and what we do .

If you get involved it will change your life and health for the better .
    Don't believe me ? Ask an active member ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Big One That Didn't Get Away

The Big One That Didn’t Get Away

I got out last night just before the sunset, the bay was as flat as glass. The sunset quickly and the summer sky turned a brilliant shade of red, then it was over. It was to be another very dark night, neither moon nor stars to help light my way. As a matter of fact, the only light I recall was the distant glow of the mainland.

I was tossing some tins and buck tails along with chasing some swirls ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Another moonless night in December

I launched from one of my usual spot on the south shore around eight o’clock PM; high tide was at 10:30 so I hurried into the darkness to catch the last two hours of the flood tide.

Once again it was another wicked dark night, the moon had still not risen from the eastern sky and the clouds were doing their best not to allow any star light through.
    To add to my blindness, I would not get any help from my electronics. Despite a fully charged battery and re-checking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized