•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy The Legend

Tommy The Legend

Tommy The Legend

Tommy came to a man's world to learn of kayak fishing armed with all the video knowledge he could find.
    Mother nature always tests the kayak fishermen and Tommy was about to pay his dues.

He came with pictures of fish from legends of this magical place.
    His eyes were aglow .
    Kayaks everywhere he could see.
    He was surrounded by legends and history.
    Many men have come here and failed.

The test had begun,...
    Go to post

• HOLY COW! By Yakdawg

HOLY COW! By Yakdawg

HOLY COW!

I woke up early Saturday determined not to get my usual late start at the OTWM Walter Bundy picnic. I plugged West Meadow Beach into Waze at 6am and off I went. Waze decided to bring me to the back of the park behind the marsh. So much for being early, I found the park on my own. I pulled in the lot a bit after 7am and started to set up after greeting other members who were mulling around and getting setup as well. My plan was to fish for Sea Bass during the slack and...
    Go to post

• North Atlantic Ocean

North Atlantic Ocean

Watched the water and winds for a couple of days .Then it was time to see what mother nature had to say . I guess the stars aligned . Launch time was go time as the Ocean came alive , birds went up to scout for us, the whale waved as it devoured a pile of bunker . I've never been in it so alive. Hard to decide which way to go ,which way to throw. Piles of bunker getting destroyed , bass slamming the kayak total chaos . No defined direction of anything ,bunker flying out the water bass flying o...
    Go to post

• Cross one off of the bucket list

Cross one off of the bucket list

Had a day for the ages down in Boyton Beach, Fla. Started my day with a 25lb albie- then 2 Kingfish---one a 30lb + --- numerous drop offs and then this beauty! What a fight. We were on our way in---I thought my chance s at hooking up again were through when in 80 feet of water and a mile offshore- she hit---about 50 yards behind me---she jumped and I knew it was on---my guide paddled over and said to me "strap in cuz this is going to be a long fight" ---sure enough - 40 minutes later and being towed...
    Go to post

• Busy week fish wise

Busy week fish wise

Full moon fish came in to take a tour . Went out last week to teach my son how to work an area and use his Lowrance better . It is real hard to get a rhythm down and try to teach it to someone else. He is my son sooooo...after trying to work him into it and a damn fish hitting my tube almost every time , he was getting a little "me" on me. I know ,I am ,I'm doing it .I said OK got it good and I tried to move away when another fish hits. Hey as long as your right here how about a picture (trying t...
    Go to post

• I always respect my elders.

I always respect my elders.

I always respect my elders.
    By Stan Off the Hook
    It is hard to believe, that just a week ago my wife and I decided to escape the frozen tundra of New York City and the brutal 1°F temperature that we were growing accustomed to. The plan was a simple one, buy airline tickets, get on plane, enjoy the five-hour flight to Puerto Rico. And enjoy the consistent perfect temperature of 80°F, sadly only for 3 days. My main form of recreation is really my only one, Fishing. One of m...
    Go to post

• Pushing all limits: Elias’s 2014 Jamaica Bay Kayak Fishing Perspective.

Pushing all limits: Elias’s 2014 Jamaica Bay Kayak Fishing Perspective.

Pushing all limits: Elias’s 2014 Jamaica Bay Kayak Fishing Perspective. By Elias V If you asked me how I felt in 2014, I’d summarize it with one word: “tired.” Now that I am off the water, I look back with glee. I set out to give it my all one more time. I accomplished many goals: two summer flounder over ten pounds, my first fifty pound striped bass, winning another grand slam at the Jamaica Bay Kayak Classic, and some amazing bottom fish catches that I would have thought to be impossible ...
    Go to post

• Albies and Bonito

Albies and Bonito

By: Rick Hacker It was 330 am and I was making my way around to Watch Hill RI from Holbrook NY in search of Albie's. I was going armed with 2 MH spinning rod outfits both loaded with braid and finished with fluorocarbon leaders. Lures of choice would be some hand tied flies from Bob (buoybob) some small tins/jigs and soft plastics. My fishing platform would be my Hobie Revo I met Pat (captiva) on the way to the fishing grounds and we arrived around 730. After a quick set up a...
    Go to post

• STRIPED BASS FISHING IN SALEM

STRIPED BASS FISHING IN SALEM

STRIPED BASS FISHING IN SALEM
    By Gene Kenney
    With striper fishing being slow on the western shores of Long Island, it was time to make our annual trek up to Salem, MA, to look for some bass in their waters. Many kayak anglers wait all year for this trip. I am no different. The striped bass up in Massachusetts are mini freight trains and you will get the ride of a lifetime from a 22" fish.

As the size goes up, so does the adrenaline level...
    Go to post

• Catskill Kayak Fishing Jamboree Results

Catskill Kayak Fishing Jamboree Results

By Tom L As was previously mentioned, the storm that hit them Wednesday's really slowed the fishing. The res is over 5700 acres & even though they dumped water prior, it was running 4' high. That's a lot of water. I saw some 30 & 40' trees go by! The jamboree is held at the tail end of peak season. Fishing might be better a week or 2 earlier but this is free fishing weekend. That means if you are from out of state or want a friend from out of state to meet you or you only fish salt water ...
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Tommy The Legend
    by elkfish
    Tommy The Legend

Tommy came to a man's world to learn of kayak fishing armed with all the video knowledge he could find.
    Mother nature always tests the kayak fishermen and Tommy was about to pay his dues.

He came with pictures of fish from legends of this magical place.
    His eyes were aglow .
    Kayaks everywhere he could see.
    He was surrounded by legends and history.
    Many men have come here and failed.

The test had begun,...
    08-04-2018, 09:55 AM
  • HOLY COW! By Yakdawg
    by elkfish
    HOLY COW!

I woke up early Saturday determined not to get my usual late start at the OTWM Walter Bundy picnic. I plugged West Meadow Beach into Waze at 6am and off I went. Waze decided to bring me to the back of the park behind the marsh. So much for being early, I found the park on my own. I pulled in the lot a bit after 7am and started to set up after greeting other members who were mulling around and getting setup as well. My plan was to fish for Sea Bass during the slack and...
    10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
  • North Atlantic Ocean
    by elkfish
    Watched the water and winds for a couple of days .Then it was time to see what mother nature had to say . I guess the stars aligned . Launch time was go time as the Ocean came alive , birds went up to scout for us, the whale waved as it devoured a pile of bunker . I've never been in it so alive. Hard to decide which way to go ,which way to throw. Piles of bunker getting destroyed , bass slamming the kayak total chaos . No defined direction of anything ,bunker flying out the water bass flying o...
    11-07-2016, 09:17 PM
  • Cross one off of the bucket list
    by hoopskillz
    Had a day for the ages down in Boyton Beach, Fla. Started my day with a 25lb albie- then 2 Kingfish---one a 30lb + --- numerous drop offs and then this beauty! What a fight. We were on our way in---I thought my chance s at hooking up again were through when in 80 feet of water and a mile offshore- she hit---about 50 yards behind me---she jumped and I knew it was on---my guide paddled over and said to me "strap in cuz this is going to be a long fight" ---sure enough - 40 minutes later and being towed...
    09-06-2016, 05:58 PM
  • Busy week fish wise
    by elkfish
    Full moon fish came in to take a tour . Went out last week to teach my son how to work an area and use his Lowrance better . It is real hard to get a rhythm down and try to teach it to someone else. He is my son sooooo...after trying to work him into it and a damn fish hitting my tube almost every time , he was getting a little "me" on me. I know ,I am ,I'm doing it .I said OK got it good and I tried to move away when another fish hits. Hey as long as your right here how about a picture (trying t...
    08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
  • Epic Day in the Bay
    by elkfish
    Got up and out of the house with only 3 hours of sleep (sons bd party). Great sunrise headed out with Jeff . Only 1 guy launched ahead of us ????? Are we on the wrong side ? Did we make a big mistake? am I still sleeping ? Passed threw all the bunker land mines and went out to test some prototype tubes for this guy I know . Met up with Mark on the radio and then in person . Working those red and pink squiggly lines to determine which was going to be the one . After a bit of work we all had som...
    05-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Working...
X