I have requested packets from the DEC for anyone interested in participating in the striped bass cooperative angler program(getting scale samples and keeping log entries). Thought you guys might like to read the reply i got today.

Hello Mr. Weiss,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your email, I was on vacation until today. I am working on making up the packets you asked for and hope to have them in the mail by tomorrow. If you could let your members know that due to increased participation from kayak fisherman the logbooks have been changed to include kayak as a mode of fishing for them to select and will be included in the next report to indicate the varying ratios of bass caught by kayak fisherman. As for the tagging program if you can have them include any tag info in their logbooks it would be appreciated. The number of fish tagged by cooperative anglers and the number of tagged fish recaptured as well as the agencies of those tags are included in our annual report. Many of our cooperative anglers are involved in the ALS tagging program as well. Thank you for your help in getting your members to participate in the cooperative angler program.

If you would like to participate please let me know via the forum and I will reserve a packet for you.