Came across some great recipes for blues and bass. These were real good and I generally don't eat fish. I finally stopped overcooking it, just cook till meat flakes easy with fork. That makes a big difference!

Add your favorites recipes, always looking for something new and easy to try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Summer Grilled Bluefish
"Have a ton of bluefish and don't know what to do with it? Give this a try! Bluefish has a reputation for being a very strong fish. This super citrus marinade gives this grilled fish a bright and delicious flavor. I just made some (which I caught and froze) and it came out superb."
Super Summer Grilled Bluefish Recipe

PREP TIME 5 Min
COOK TIME 8 Min
READY IN 43 Min

INGREDIENTS

* 4 pounds bluefish fillets
* 1 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon dry white wine
* kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup citrus flavored seafood rub

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the fish fillets into a large bowl. Pour in the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil and white wine. Season with salt, pepper and seafood rub. Stir to blend and coat fish. Leave the squeezed lemon and lime halves in the bowl too. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, oil the grate.
3. Place fish fillets on the grill, and discard the marinade. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter, and remove the dark blue part of the fish before serving.

This one was real good, especially w/fresh stripers

Easy Broiled Striped Bass Fillets Recipe
Ingredients:

* 4 striped bass fillets (about 6 ounces each), boneless
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
* 2 lemons
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper

How to cook:

* Preheat oven to 450°F.
* Dip striped bass fillets into melted butter and place on non-stick broiler pan.
* Sprinkle striped bass evenly with lemon pepper and cayenne pepper.
* Place onion rings on the striped bass fillets and then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
* Bake for 8 minutes on center oven rack, then turn on broiler at 500°F and allow enough time to brown the striped bass and onions, 3 to 6 minutes.
* Remove and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
* Squeeze lemon over fish and serve.

This recipe for Easy Broiled Striped Bass Fillets serves/makes: 4

Arthur Treachers Batter
This is good with striper, cod, blackfish, seabass and fluke. I Have never tried it with bluefish.

If the filets are large cut into 3”x 2” rectangles.
Flour all pieces and set aside.
Preheat a pot of oil for deep frying (at least 400 dgrees, but I’ve never checked)
Batter:
1 cup buttermilk pancake batter mix
1 cup club soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon onion powder
*2 cups of pancake batter is more than enough for a 30” striper.

Dip fish in batter to generously coat and deep fry.
Enjoy with a beer.

Flukebelly

************************************************** *******************************

THE BEST STRIPER YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!

This was originally a chicken recipe that I tried with striper and it is delicious. When I make it for company they always ask for a copy of the recipe. Don’t let the list of ingredients deter you it’s actually pretty easy to make, you just have to plan ahead a little. Enjoy.

Flukebelly

Striper in Adobo

Marinade

6 large cloves of garlic
1 TBSP. finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp Kosher or sea salt
1 tsp ground cumin
2 TBSP orange juice
2TBSP lime juice
¼ cup lager beer (see sounds good already)

Sauce

1 large red sweet pepper seeded and coarsely chopped

½ cup coarsely chopped onion
½ cup coarsely chopped sweet green pepper (or cubanella)
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
1 jalapeno pepper stem removed, halved and seeded (optional, I don’t use it)
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground cumin

Place striper filet in a resealable plastic bag. Using food processor mash 6 large garlic cloves, ginger 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cumin to a paste. Place in a small bowl and stir in the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice and beer. Pour over the striper, seal bag and turn to coat. Chill 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.

For the sauce, in a food processor combine red and green sweet peppers, onion, cilantro, vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, jalapeno, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cumin. Cover and pulse until finely chopped (should still have small pieces of pepper).

Drain the striper, reserving the marinade. Preheat your BBQ grill and cook the filet brushing with the marinade as you go. I have made this in the oven, baking at 400 degrees but the grill is definitely better. Have some margaritas as you cook.

Serve with a topping of the sauce with more in bowls available on the table.