The storm and full moon two weeks ago moved the stripers inshore from Stellwagon Banks and the fishing was excellent around Salem last weekend, except for a lull after a big storm on Saturday, where it was a little bit of a pick.

The winning fish was 46", and I think a couple of guys caught fish that size. Largest fish of the weekend was a 51" striper - not clear if it was off a boat or kayak, but it was before the shootout anyway. Biggest fish were caught near Misery Island off of Manchester.

Good fishing had by all. Biggest KFA-NY fish was caught by Carl as far as I know - 40.5" thick brute. . . . a bunch of us caught fish around 37" - 38" too - my biggest was a 38" - dropped one a few minutes before that one which was almost definitely bigger than that (hook mysteriously popped out next to kayak - no apparent reason) and another on Saturday that was really big, but my drag was too loose so it brought me into havoc.

Almost constant action the entire weekend. My best day was Sunday morning - about 20 stripers in three hours.

Daryl was on fire too - he caught a bunch of 30" + stripers and a 34" broad bluefish which jumped onto the kayak after him (I got a picture of that too . . . .)

Weather turned rough that afternoon - stormy and windy - most people went home a day early with the bad forecast.

Here are some pics . . . . . I'm sure the returning guys will post some too. . . . .

Carl's camp.

Gator 34" bluefish attacking Daryl - this fish wasn't being lifted - it jumped!

Daryl landing the monster bluefish.

My best of the weekend - 38" - caught and released - Carl's T & W.

A nice 32' caught on Saturday.