Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muskyland, NJ - 3-31-12

Muskyland, NJ - 3-31-12

KFA-NY members Tom, Darren, and Pat travelled to New Jersey last weekend to target muskellunge with temps in the mid-30s. Tom got into them good and caught his first two muskellunge. These two beautiful muskies measured at 36" and 33" respectively. Below are the pics:...
    Go to post

• Naples, FL - 12/25/11 - 12/28/11

Naples, FL - 12/25/11 - 12/28/11

Below are some pictures of some exotics that I caught on a recent trip to the west coast of Florida. Since it was a family vacation, I only had four total hours to fish over the middle two days of the trip, but caught three different species during that time and fished in two separate locations. The Naples / Marco area has great access to kayak fishermen. There is an outfit that rents kayaks (including some hobies) from 7 different locations, including downtown Naples (Naples Bay), Isle of Cap...
    Go to post

• 2011 Kayak Wars Final Standings - Congratulations KFA-NY

2011 Kayak Wars Final Standings - Congratulations KFA-NY

The results were finalized today for Kayak Wars 2011, a national tournament. For the second year in a row, KFA-NY was well represented and has much to brag about. Here are some highlights of the final results out of the top 100 anglers: - All four teams placed in the top 9, including teams finishing 3rd, 6th, 8th and 9th. - Three anglers placing in the top ten (2nd, 6th and 10th). - Six anglers placing in the top 13. - Seven anglers placing in the top 20. - Three teams finishing in...
    Go to post

• KFA OFFICIAL 2011 VIDEO

KFA OFFICIAL 2011 VIDEO

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY ITS IN TWO PARTS
    http://youtu.be/YiLHX1G4xGM
    http://youtu.be/DDqT-6DkPvM...
    Go to post

• 2011 October 16th - OTW Meeting

2011 October 16th - OTW Meeting

OCT OTW Meeting

Moriches

When:
    Sunday Oct. 16th

Where:
    Moriches

Click here for nautical map.
    Or
    http://marine.geogarage.com/routes

Launch time:
    7:30 A.M.

Launch Location/Details:
    At end of Atlantic Ave.

Description:
    Hopefully targeting huge fall Stripers

Directions:
    Click here for Google Maps

Outing Rules: 1....
    Go to post

• North Shore Tog - 10/1/11 - 10/2/11

North Shore Tog - 10/1/11 - 10/2/11

With the opening of the tog season, I fished some rocky real estate between Sands Point and Eaton's Neck on the North Shore in pursuit of tautog. I had been looking forward to this for almost a year. The fishing was excellent, and I totalled approximately 20 tog over two days. Of these fish caught, about 15 were keeper sized. It was the typical mayhem of light tackle tog fishing - my rod went vertical after almost every catch, and the arm wrestling type fight was incredible. About 6 tog broke...
    Go to post

• North Shore ALBIE'S - Just some of the action from last week.

North Shore ALBIE'S - Just some of the action from last week.

Another great day on the water with KFA-NY.

Go to post

• Sunday night/ Moriches

Sunday night/ Moriches

As far as the weather it was an amazing night but fishing started off to a bad start. I was quickly plagued be short bass, sea robins, and lizard fish. with a lot of distance travels with little to show for it I was starting to get discouraged but apparently the fish gods heard my pleas and lit my line up in the washing machine know as the west cut, I was ridding rollers in less than three feet of water when the tide was ripping. The first of three Bass was only 24" but was real tough to land wher...
    Go to post

• Atlantic Outfitters Manhasset Bay Kayak Fishing Tournament - September 24, 2011

Atlantic Outfitters Manhasset Bay Kayak Fishing Tournament - September 24, 2011

Several KFA-NY members travelled to the western Long Island Sound last weekend to fish the Atlantic Outfitters Tournament in Port Washington, New York. As usual, we pounded the schoolies inside Manhasset Bay during the tournament. In addition, the KFA-NY swept the conventional division, catching the largest striped bass, bluefish, and most fish caught. Here is a rundown of the winners: Largest striped bass: Bob Marvin, KFA-NY - 36.5" Largest bluefish: Sultan Hall, KFA-NY - 24" Largest st...
    Go to post

• 2011 September OTW - Manhasset Bay - 9/24/11

2011 September OTW - Manhasset Bay - 9/24/11

KFA-NY
    On-The-Water Outing
    Saturday September 24, 2011.
    Manhasset Bay, Port Washington, NY

When
    Saturday September 24, 2011.

Where
    Manhasset Bay and Western Long Island Sound (Port Washington NY)

Tides
    02:56 am Low 0.4
    08:45 am High 7.9
    03:09 pm Low 0.4
    09:03 pm High 8.2

Launch Time
    7:00 am.

Launch Location Atlantic Outfitters on Inspiration Wharf in Port Washington ...
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Tommy The Legend
    by elkfish
    Tommy The Legend

Tommy came to a man's world to learn of kayak fishing armed with all the video knowledge he could find.
    Mother nature always tests the kayak fishermen and Tommy was about to pay his dues.

He came with pictures of fish from legends of this magical place.
    His eyes were aglow .
    Kayaks everywhere he could see.
    He was surrounded by legends and history.
    Many men have come here and failed.

The test had begun,...
    08-04-2018, 09:55 AM
  • HOLY COW! By Yakdawg
    by elkfish
    HOLY COW!

I woke up early Saturday determined not to get my usual late start at the OTWM Walter Bundy picnic. I plugged West Meadow Beach into Waze at 6am and off I went. Waze decided to bring me to the back of the park behind the marsh. So much for being early, I found the park on my own. I pulled in the lot a bit after 7am and started to set up after greeting other members who were mulling around and getting setup as well. My plan was to fish for Sea Bass during the slack and...
    10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
  • North Atlantic Ocean
    by elkfish
    Watched the water and winds for a couple of days .Then it was time to see what mother nature had to say . I guess the stars aligned . Launch time was go time as the Ocean came alive , birds went up to scout for us, the whale waved as it devoured a pile of bunker . I've never been in it so alive. Hard to decide which way to go ,which way to throw. Piles of bunker getting destroyed , bass slamming the kayak total chaos . No defined direction of anything ,bunker flying out the water bass flying o...
    11-07-2016, 09:17 PM
  • Cross one off of the bucket list
    by hoopskillz
    Had a day for the ages down in Boyton Beach, Fla. Started my day with a 25lb albie- then 2 Kingfish---one a 30lb + --- numerous drop offs and then this beauty! What a fight. We were on our way in---I thought my chance s at hooking up again were through when in 80 feet of water and a mile offshore- she hit---about 50 yards behind me---she jumped and I knew it was on---my guide paddled over and said to me "strap in cuz this is going to be a long fight" ---sure enough - 40 minutes later and being towed...
    09-06-2016, 05:58 PM
  • Busy week fish wise
    by elkfish
    Full moon fish came in to take a tour . Went out last week to teach my son how to work an area and use his Lowrance better . It is real hard to get a rhythm down and try to teach it to someone else. He is my son sooooo...after trying to work him into it and a damn fish hitting my tube almost every time , he was getting a little "me" on me. I know ,I am ,I'm doing it .I said OK got it good and I tried to move away when another fish hits. Hey as long as your right here how about a picture (trying t...
    08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
  • Epic Day in the Bay
    by elkfish
    Got up and out of the house with only 3 hours of sleep (sons bd party). Great sunrise headed out with Jeff . Only 1 guy launched ahead of us ????? Are we on the wrong side ? Did we make a big mistake? am I still sleeping ? Passed threw all the bunker land mines and went out to test some prototype tubes for this guy I know . Met up with Mark on the radio and then in person . Working those red and pink squiggly lines to determine which was going to be the one . After a bit of work we all had som...
    05-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Working...
X